Sunday, July 18, 2010

Soldiers Log: Yberre Hammersmith

Now it seems fate has turned in my favor. A clear and present danger has presented itself and its name is my calling. War it seems, will come to the Empire. After arriving at Starshine, we reported our news of a potentially corrupt noble house working with the dark races and it seems that the presence is more than the simple force of assassins we suspected. Suspecting an army of some kind may be awaiting invasion, we have been sent by Gaius Wind as an advanced skirmish party to an old fort held by goblin warriors. We have met them in battle and these are not the small, savage, and simple goblins one might expect from tales of old. These are a warrior race with cunning, training and the power of steel.

This is the enemy of my fate, I am sure of it. This is the war of our vision, unfolding before us. This is the fate the that Gorum drew out for me so long ago. All he has taken from me and all I have endured shall finally be brought to a climax with this war and perhaps I shall be gifted with peace when it is through. I can feel the hand of Gorum possess me more with each battle. My steel grows lighter, the chain weighs less heavy on my shoulders with each drawing of blood and my blade grows sharper with every cleft of bone. Many will die in the days to come and many more will suffer. The power and the will of Gorum will determine the winner. I believe I am his vessel for reasons I do not know or even pretend to understand, but who am I to question the gods? My calling is war and my day is coming, I only hope that I will find truth and an answer at the end of this fate.

No comments: